Friday, February 11, 2011

We're saying YES!

So, we said yes...and I was told "ok, good...well, when the baby gets released we'll give you a call"

REALLY...are you kidding, that's it?! this is such a weird process...

So I guess, I'm planning on picking a baby girl up on Monday or Tuesday next week.

Oh, and OF COURSE I forgot to ask how the birth mother feels about everything (is she mad her baby didn't go home with her? does she want the baby back? do they think she'll work the plan???)...man, I'm really curious! I'm kicking myself for forgetting to ask, it was the one question I wanted to remember and then it felt like the placement worker was trying to get me off the phone and I was too concerned with asking her to get a referral for a developmental and behavioral pediatrician from the current doctor...I guess the baby's well being is more important than the mom's feelings at this point!

Thanks for all your support!

2 comments:

  1. found you through babycenter...we were matched with a newborn within 2 minutes of becoming licensed! SOOOOOOOO exciting! look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! I kind of feel like we stepped onto a roller coaster but I know why I'm doing this and I have faith that it's going to be the best experience ever.

    I can tell there's a lot to learn about the process too...

    ReplyDelete