Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The case so far:

There's an "investigator" {social services job title for someone within the agency} on the baby's case. It seems that this lady's role is to address the initial charges against the parents and the well being of the child.

Yesterday a foster care case worker was added to the case. It seems to me that her role is to now take over the care of the child in foster care. She mentioned that she could take the baby to her doctor appointments which prompted me to ask if I wasn't supposed to do that...because I assumed I would be doing all the things a parent of a child would do...and she said we can do it either way. She said there are some foster parents who don't want to do anything and those who feel comfortable doing it all and want to.

Anyway, so the investigator wasn't at work yesterday and so I suppose this is why the baby wasn't released from the hospital.

There is a noon court appointment today, with the birth parents, where they will meet their attorneys, meet with social services staff, and review the process. At this time they can identify a relative that they want the baby to be placed with. {this is where I want to SCREAM, if I just did all this work over the weekend to get ready for a newborn baby girl, and DON'T get the placement, i'm going to be upset!} so anyway...after this appointment both the investigator {I} and foster care case worker {FCCW} will go pick the baby up from the hospital. The baby may then have a visit with the birth parents this afternoon before coming to our house.

1 comment:

  1. Things were a whirlwind after our first placement. We were DEFINITELY introduced to the UPS/DOWNS of the wolrd of fostercare! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete