Thursday, February 3, 2011

More than that...

The title of this blog was originally more than just a reference to fostering. It was a reference to our life.

Justin and I seem to have a distinct love for living in a small, rural town {well, semi-rural maybe, we have sidewalks so I'm not really sure how to classify it exactly}

Anyway, I do love it- there are 2 river accesses less than 1 mile from our front door, which means spring, summer, and fall kayaking at our will. The side roads are good for road biking {as long as your leg muscles are built up enough to handle the hills!} and the vistas are pretty spectacular, I've always loved living amongst mountains.

It was/is hard to make the decision, the commitment, to living in such a small town when we don't have to. We have the option to live in either of the two mid-sized cities we live near. But we don't. I can't explain why not exactly. I know many people who say they never could. But, truthfully, anyone can do this and could find how awakening it is. It's annoying to constantly have people react with confusion and ignorance {strong word, I apologize, but there is really no other way to say it} about my choice to live here.

The people we live near and have gotten to know in this particular small town, are wonderful, intelligent, interesting people. They are fun to hang out with and thoughtful on all occasions. Sure, people who fit this description and live in large cities, but what you might not understand...unless you live in a small town...is how different they still are.

I will never regret going through our MAPP classes with people who fit the description above and I am so excited because the first couple from our class got a letter the day before yesterday that they are licensed! I'm so excited for them and can't wait to hear more as their journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment