Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's already Sunday night?

Because it feels like only an hour ago that I posted about getting our first placement call {it was 3 days ago}

Thanks to some absolutely-wonderful-coworkers, church family, and "grand"parents I am SO READY. Without their help and support I know my bank account would have been drained and my sanity gone!

Thanks to them there is a dresser full of clothes, a crib set up, a mattress in the cradle and most important, a car seat for the ride home.

Honestly, the best thing about all of this...is that I didn't have to CHOOSE what to buy or put on a registry. Really, I don't know how someone keeps their whits about them when they have go through that?! There is just so much...these bottles? or those? this car seat? or that one? pattern? coordination? what are the best products? what's NOT necessary? oh, and did you know that the pacifier must coordinate with the type of nipple on the bottle...BECAUSE I DIDN'T...

So, needless to say, I am able to take some time to type this out all because we've got an amazing support system. It's the ONLY reason I think we felt comfortable with a placement that has the potential to become challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment