Friday, September 9, 2011

Prayer Of The Children

Prayer of the Children
Kurt Bestor - Composer
It's about the Yugoslavian wars and he writes about his emotion behind the piece on his blog.

And, maybe, I'm really feeling the emotion in this song right now because the change of seasons, summer to fall (then soon, fall to winter), which always seem to bring about a sense of emotion in me.

I'm always more contemplative, reserved, and in reverence than normal.

Tonight, I've enjoyed some quiet time alone with Miss Snarkles while daddy is at a high school football game. Not because he is in high school, but because he's a band director. A little after 9 this evening, when a tired little girl wouldn't close her eyes, I gave her my hand to chew on and the next thing you know I'm calling everyone (ok, just my parents and Justin) to tell them. No one notices that I'm practically in tears on the other side of the phone because of the levity of this.

As of the moment I am writing this, I'm the only one who has seen or felt her first tooth...the magnitude of that, is unexplainable in words, let alone the fact that she has a tooth.

Her birth parents don't know she has a tooth and it is likely that more strangers will know about this tooth sooner than they will hear about it. I have to let that soak in.

Tonight, I sang the baby to sleep with the lyrics from the song titled above...

...but if I should die before I wake, I pray my soul to take...
...if unknown roads lead away from home, give me loving arms, away from harm

No comments:

Post a Comment