Thursday, March 22, 2012

Signs

What are the signs that your child is going to be left-handed?

Snarkles picks things up with both hands and really loves to have one item in each. But, there are also times people have noticed that she favors her left hand.

Last night, I let her hold the spoon to feed herself yogurt for the first time,

PAUSE:GASP
I know! We just let the 13.5 month old use a spoon for the first time, we are probably not as good parents as you or as smart as your child...right, well,

forgive me, but the mess wasn't worth it! and,

she totally knew how to use the spoon, the right way, the very first try...so, there is some evidence to an argument that waiting until a child is developmentally ready to do something versus months and months of habitually doing it the wrong way means they will still learn and thrive...that's not to say there wasn't a mess...

Anyway, my point is, she picked up and held the spoon with her left hand. Does this mean she's going to be left handed? Can you tell this early on?

What am I supposed to do?! I'm a right handed person...am I supposed to do things to encourage her to use her left hand, does it even matter...they didn't teach me this in fostering class!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment