Monday, March 12, 2012

Oh, Snarkles!

We got a phone call Thursday, about 30 minutes before Daddy would be at the daycare to pick her up, that someone had fallen and hit her face (her eye - to be exact) on a toy. Awesome, guess what was on Friday morning...

Yeah, a visit. You try to explain a black eye in a situation like this to someone who had their child taken from them and was told that they were being well taken care of! Of course she is well taken care of and we all know this happens when babies are learning to walk. But, either way, sometimes, some people just want a fight. Thankfully, it didn't turn into a black eye over night!

No matter what, I hate sending her not looking her best.

She went, dressed in an outfit he gave her. It did look cute on her. He noticed and was happy. That makes me happy. It's hard to explain...but sometimes a little humanity goes a long way. I can only guess that's how we get through this the way we do. Sadly, I don't think he noticed all the other things...how she sings, or how she "dances" (wiggles and rocks) at music, or even how she walks and the second before she reaches you her excitement takes over and she nearly leaps onto you!

From what we've been told about his conversations, I really feel he wants what's best for her. He's been doing a lot of thinking and I'm just praying this Thursday ends way better than last.


They're recommending the plan change to adoption. My Mom and I will go to hear the case/be present and maybe even meet the paternal grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment