Monday, January 23, 2012

A weekend night at home, but not alone

That's the beauty of having Snarkles...that I'm never home alone anymore.

Before, if I stayed home on a weekend night I seemed to get this feeling that I was not doing anything important or that I wasn't important, in those few cases where I knew everyone else was out but I wasn't invited. I felt like friends never understood me saying I just wanted to stay home, because- why, why be home alone when you could be out having a good time?

But, you can have a good time at home. It's where I have some of the BEST times. Either way, I was left feeling lame and unimportant. Now, staying home makes me feel like I'm doing the most important thing of all and I feel sorry for everyone else who has to go out to find a good time.



I am giving Snarkles stability, comfort, laughs, love, time, attention, and fun memories. In truth, she is giving me all of that in return. And I, for once in life, don't feel lame staying home on a Saturday night.

Sure, my husband went out for dinner, friends were out experiencing the world, fun events were being hosted, and I was simply at home but, I have never been less disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment