Monday, November 15, 2010

I've got a lot to learn!

It is really hard to buy anything right now - we don't know what age or sex our first child will be but I wanted to shop so bad for some inspiration! I ended up buying a few items that I thought were pretty flexible.

- The sippy cup is mostly for a toddler and because I wanted to be prepared in case a child came hungry/thirsty.

- The Owl toy is in honor of my favorite small business, Laughing Owl Press. www.laughingowlpress.com (you can buy on etsy www.etsy.com/shop/laughingowlpress)

- The blankets were just super cute and I needed some inspiration for color and design for the room.

- And last but not least, the towel was what I was in search of! I knew I wanted a hooded duck towel because what baby girl or boy wouldn't look cute wrapped up as a ducky. I almost returned it and I'll tell you why...

The towel said "full size" and it was all bundled up when I purchased it so I didn't think too much of it until I opened it...I expected this "FULL SIZE" towel(imagine the "full" size towel that I've been using for the past, oh I don't know, 20+ years) to cascade out so when the towel fell out and barely looked larger than a tea towel I immediately checked the package. Shoot, did I get the wrong thing. WHAT?! "Full Size" That's all there is to this towel?

I obviously have a lot to learn about the proportion of little ones!

...now I'm figuring I ought to apply this new lesson on proportion to everything!(Thank God I've gotten this lesson now, imagine how detrimental it could be if I stuck our child down in front of a dinner plate size proportion of chicken and potatoes and made them eat the whole thing?!)


No comments:

Post a Comment