Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I can not believe it!

Actually, I can...because time never seems to slow down and everything always comes and goes so quickly in life. It's not a shock to me anymore but it still makes me sad.

To close the door on this segment of the process is such a sweet sorrow. I have gained knowledge and shared laughs with our class...recently I've been saying that even if I never fostered, I'm 10x more prepared to parent now than I was before.

Tonight is our last class.

I will certainly miss this group, maybe not the late night meetings without food, but definitely what each meeting held- the education, the bond, and the joy. The joy of fostering is now on the horizon and that's the sweet part of all this. To think, by the end of the month, we will be waiting for a placement!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, I've been following your journey...I love your optimism!

    I can't wait to read about your first placement! It's just right around the corner! Good luck, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete