Wednesday, November 24, 2010

And finally, a rest from the cleaning!

So, I would love to say we didn't have to do a thing for our homestudy...but if I did, I would be lying.

Let's just say, my mother instilled a strong belief that your house must look picked up and cleaned whenever ANYONE came over, didn't matter who. You have clothes all over your floor and haven't vacuumed? Then I guess no friends will be coming over tonight. After spending half a day picking up my room...there was still always something that wasn't right. I've inherited this little trait. I don't know if it makes me proud or scared for my kid's future.

Anyway, the husband endured my wrath over the last 5 days and we both survived and now have a decently straightened and cleaned house. The best part...we can enjoy the holiday without thinking about cleaning!

This past Saturday we shampooed the carpets with a fancy rental cleaner and I think we both secretly enjoyed doing that. Sometimes cleaning isn't so bad...but, our dishwasher is broke so sometimes...IT'S HORRIBLE. Let's just say, neither of us care to do dishes.

Note to husband: Please work on dishwasher before first placement.

But, back to the story of getting ready for our homestudy. We swiffered pet hair, vacuumed and shampooed carpets, dusted, cleaned bathrooms with toothbrushes, still worked our 8 and 9 hours in full time jobs, finished laundry, swiffered pet hair again, mopped hardwoods, put away random items that were lying around, dishes, more dishes, made mashed potatoes for 30 people for office Thanksgiving pot luck (actually that wasn't for the homestudy but it meant we had to do more dishes...PLEASE FIX THE DISHWASHER SOON!)

And in between all that cleaning we talked about why we were doing this, what we hoped for and were scared of, and how our lives will change. Some of it my husband would've said was nagging because I really want him to talk in detail about his thoughts and feelings. He was unfortunately unavailable on Tuesday nights for our class and instead was given workbook packets to do...let's just say, he's yet to complete a full packet. But thankfully, he listens when I talk and he, to my surprise, absorbed almost all the details from my summaries of each class. So, I really just want to be sure he's as excited as I am to be doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment