Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tomorrow...

...is the orientation meeting where we will find out the details of working with the local Department of Social Services to become foster parents.

----------------------------------------------

There's one question that I can not stand that people have asked since we've been married- "When are you going to start a family?" The question itself is meant to be harmless...but for me, I have a family. I've had a family. The family my husband and I are building started the day we got married. Even without kids we are a family. We're a husband, a wife, a cat and a dog. So please, don't ask when I'm going to "start" a family, because I have one...and it's pretty effin' awesome.

But it does make me think..."when?"...Is there ever really a good time to add to the family?

---------------------------------------------

I'm glad we're just jumping in, head first, it's kind of the way we do things around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment