Thursday, September 2, 2010

The 5 W's

Who?
What?
Where?
When?
Why?

These questions will be answered, in due time.
Let's start with- Who?


A couple, in the latter half of their 20s, thinking about fostering and adoption...before ever trying to have children biologically (What? Why?)

This post comes prior to any training, any meetings, any final decisions...

To track the process from beginning to...well....wherever it may take us.

So far, we've talked between ourselves and purchased one book.

The conversation went like this
the wife - "Would you ever consider adoption?"
the husband - "I don't know, maybe"
the wife - "What about fostering?"
the husband - "I don't know, maybe"
the wife - "Well, I really feel like it's something I am being called to do. You know how easily I love people, I know that we could love any child God put in our family"
the husband - "Ok...yeah, I agree"
the wife - "Let's at least think about fostering to adopt. There's an orientation for the 10 week training on September 9th, will you be willing to do that?"
the husband - "Yes."

The book is called "You Can Adopt, An Adoptive Families Guide" by Susan Caughman and Isolde Motley

No comments:

Post a Comment