Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Just ramblings...

I have some free time to write and while I have no plan for what to say here, I figured I'd start typing the words/thoughts as they come to mind.

It's been a blast to be parents these last 4 months. We've only recently realized the scheduling challenges (because it's just not smart to take an infant out boating on the lake) of having a small child. It looks like she's going to get lots of family time while Dad and Mom are out perfecting (err, learning) their slaloming skills!

We're pretty much settled into parenting like any other new Moms and Dads. It's totally not the fostering experience I imagined, but I'm not complaining! At this point (for her case specifically) I can't support reunification.

I really need to take new pics of her room, things have changed so much!

I also would LOVE any book recommendations, someone LOVES being read to and I've already memorized all the good ones we have. On that note, also, as much rhythm and skill that Daddy has...he certainly doesn't seem to get the necessary poetic reading style that one must use with these books so that the words line up to rhyme. Oh well, we'll forgive him because we love him!

We also LOVE watching Daddy conduct his bands and listening to the music. Snarkles has successfully sat quietly through 3 concerts over the last 3 weeks. I'm so proud of her (and myself for handling it solo!). She wiggles and grumps quietly when the music stops but sits frozen still with her eyes as wide as cymbals when the music starts back! It's amazing, beautiful really.

We're so in love with this little girl and I think she knows it.

My only struggles these days are dealing with a long commute to work and a lack of friends our age with babies themselves. We were the first in our "group" to jump into parenting and the others aren't joining us anytime soon. She is spoiled because of that, but our social life will be completely different this summer than we're used to. As for the commute, sometimes that's also more a battle in myself of "can I truly be happy living in a small town?" Honestly, I wish someone would answer that for me...

Anyway, I'm going to wrap this up. Hope everyone out there is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment