Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Dear Neglected Blog,

It's nice that you're still around, for the times when I actually spend a second to post. I don't know what happens in the meantime...do people check to see if I've written? are people curious about our experience in fostering? am I on anyone's google reader?

So, I don't know what has happened that I haven't posted lately, I've just...been lazy.

We are now 2 months into the experience...and every week seems to be a little different. Sometimes, things are drastically different day to day depending on the information we receive.

But, in the last week and a half we haven't heard a word about the case nor had a visitation to attend.

It's been glorious, our little "family" has gone about life as if there isn't this crazy caveat to the whole thing.

Today, we have an in home appointment with someone regarding Snarkles entrance into a program through the Health Department. My vague understanding is that they speak about the general health and milestones of the child and offer routine or emergency visits should there be any questions we have regarding Snarkles health.

She was eligible for the program thanks to the situations that brought her into care. I will admit that we could've followed up with this program sooner but honestly I did not quite understand it's usefulness to us. We have a pediatrician, wouldn't we simply use their expertise to answer our questions?

...I'm not convinced that WE need this service, but...it's not about us, it's about Snarkles and so she will be signed up for any and all programs she's eligible for- even, if it isn't convenient for us.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you have readers that check on your Blog to see how Snarkles has influenced your life, and you on hers. We understnad that time is limited and schedules are constantly changing.

    Write when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you have readers who check to see if you've written!! I have been quite curious as to the details of your experiences thus far but figured you'd write when you could:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have readers. Foster care is something that my husband and I have discussed previously, so it is interesting to read your blog to see the journey. Thanks for the update and I hope they keep coming!

    ReplyDelete