Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome 2011,

It's great to meet you, I look forward to our adventures...


Seriously though- we ARE really looking forward to what this year has to bring. We anticipate a lot of new experiences...including fostering!, new projects, a vacation like Justin has never been on before, and maybe even a leap of faith career-wise.

Tomorrow, our final paperwork will be in the hands of our county licensing agent and we will be waiting on pins and needles to hear back from the state on if we have been approved for our license.

_____________________________________

I can't explain why we want to foster or why we aren't having biological kids right now. I probably won't ever be able to explain it with words to anyone outside of our marriage {outside of the family that we build.} We know in our hearts the why, but that doesn't translate into words.

We are as anxious for our first placement as many are for their first pregnancy. We're also just as scared and worried. I'm not excited that a child has to go through the experiences that will lead them into the foster care system, but I'm anxious to be the person there...on the other side of things- offering love, shelter, food, constant care and attention.

I am still working on my quilt. I don't think I ever clarified, but it's a small-ish quilt. One that I anticipate wrapping a little body in, one that I imagine will become a surface for a little body to lay or play on, and one that I hope will offer warmth and comfort for that little body as they sleep. It's amazing to be working on a project for a child that I haven't met- one that at this very moment, might be upset because of neglect or a pitiful family situation. Each square is like on small prayer for all the children who are upset, for the ones who may find themselves in our home and the ones who will find themselves in the homes of other families who are just like us...who can't explain the why, but know in their hearts that it's their responsibility to love a little body that needs love.

No comments:

Post a Comment