Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baby looks good on me

This is my cousin Orin's baby. He's handsome and content and would make anyone want 3 more.

This weekend was full of family festivities. If you don't know this about me, I love hanging out with my family more than anything. Weddings have been the excuse lately to get together and there isn't a better reason. It's funny though, I don't see my Aunt and Uncle or cousin Andy and his two children (one of which is my Godson) very often at all and we only live 30 miles apart. This weekend was the first time we've see each other in 4 months and we had to travel 5 hours north.

The more I think about what it means to be building our family, the more I want to put aside all the other things that keep me busy on weeknights and weekends and just use that time to hang out with my parents, my in-laws, my brothers, and my cousins. This weekend stressed the importance of being a part of a large, loving family.

I wonder why I spend so much time with people on committees or in my professional life, people who go home, don't have any attachment to me, and who hardly know me. I know I love what I do professionally, but...do I love it more than family?

No comments:

Post a Comment