Monday, January 14, 2013

Forever

I'm not 100% sure why I stopped writing on here. Just shy of a year ago. I believe it's because at some point fostering stopped feeling - the way I had imagined it would feel. I imagined something that would tear at my heart and challenge me. I imagined it as life filled with despair, sadness, anger, frustration, and confusion. What it became, what it always was, is everything else. Hope, love, support, dedication, and joy. This blog did not do justice to life as foster parents. Looking back now, I wish I had not stopped sharing. I should have kept writing. Foster care deserves to have more people share more of the good stuff. The world needs more of that anyway - the good stuff. I owe a million thanks to so many people for supporting and encouraging our fostering journey to this point. I feel humbled by the love and embarrassed that I will never be able to repay anyone in an equal or adequate way. This journey isn't over. I think we're going to take some time to find our identity as a family of 3 but, we're renewing our license. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment